Before and After of Actual Implant Patient
DENTAL IMPLANTS ARE THE ONLY LONG TERM TEETH REPLACEMENT FOR MISSING TEETH
At Bal Harbour Dentist, Dr. Benmergui will implant, design and fit the replacement teeth or do restorative work on faulty crowns ALL IN ONE OFFICE.
Dr. Benmergui uses a Dental CT Scanner to get a complete picture of the patient’s underlying bone and tissue when evaluating for dental implants.
This state-of-the-art-technology shows a detailed, 3-dimensional cross section of the area being scanned. In conjunction with standard X-rays it provides necessary information for safe and efficient treatment planning.
Getting a CT scan is easy, quick and comfortable. Patients stand allowing for their natural posture and jaw positioning
What Is A Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that serves as the replacement for the root portion of a missing natural tooth. Dental implants can be placed in either the upper or lower jaws. Due to the biocompatible properties of titanium, a dental implant fuses with the bone and becomes a good anchor for the replacement tooth. The replacement teeth are either a porcelain crown or bridge attached to the implant giving the appearance of real teeth.
Implants are very durable and will last many years. Dental implants can restore almost any smile even if natural teeth have been lost.
The success rate for implants is remarkable: 98 percent for lower implants and 91 percent for upper implants.
What are the Advantages Dental Implants?
There are several reasons to consider a dental implant:
- When the root structure of a natural tooth is lost, the jawbone can shrink causing your face to look older.
- Eliminate bite or joint pain which can occur teeth move into the space created by missing teeth.
- There are no loose parts to worry about. The dental implant is stable and comfortable without the need for messy adhesives.
- Once placed, no further adjustment is necessary.
- Normally, the dental implant will serve its owner for life.
- 1 or several teeth can be replaced without affecting adjacent teeth.
- People with conventional dentures for lower and upper jaws, or removable bridges and have opted for dental implants experience a significant improvement in their ability to chew food comfortably.
The Dental Implant Procedure
The implant procedure consists of 2 parts:
1. the surgical placement of the implant
2. the design and attachment of the replacement teeth or permanent bridge.
Dr. Benmergui with his training and experience does both these procedures saving you time, money and further distress by allowing you remain in the same chair throughout the procedure. There is no need to travel from office to office.
- At the first appointment Dr. Benmergui will take Dental CT Scan and X-rays to determine whether the jaw bone is adequate to hold the titanium posts. Models of the mouth are often made using a soft pliable plastic compound. An evaluation is then made on what work will best suit the particular patient.
- The implants being placed often require only one surgical procedure using a local anesthetic and sedative. The titanium fuses with the bone and becomes the anchor for the replacement tooth (crown), bridge or complete denture (denture stabilization). The healing time can take between 2 – 6 months depending on the amount of bone structure.
- an abutment is sometimes attached to the implant and connects it to the crown.
- The actual crown (made of porcelain) can often be positioned in as little as 30 minutes.
Is Old Age a Problem?
Occasionally, older patients express concern regarding their age. In fact, health is more of a determining factor than age. If a patient is healthy enough to have a tooth extracted,they are probably healthy enough to have dental implants. There are certain chronic diseases which may deter a patient from having dental implant treatment. At your initial consultation, Dr. Benmergui will determine if you are a candidate for dental implants after a careful evaluation of your dental and health history.
How Will Dental Implants Affect My Life?
Your new dental implant-supported teeth will look, feel and function like natural teeth. You can eat and drink whatever you choose. But most importantly, dental implants will improve the quality of your life by giving you back your self esteem. You will never again have to feel embarrassed because of unsightly teeth .
Contact us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Ari Benmergui if your are considering dental implants. Your Consultation is FREE.